Wayne Dowhower Construction, Inc. was established by Wayne and Cleda Dowhower in 1959. They started off as a home builder for North Platte and the surrounding area. There are numerous houses Dowhower built which can still be seen today.
Wayne Dowhower Construction operated its own cabinet shop as well. Providing custom cabinets for remodels and new homes. During the 80's recession, it was tough on the housing industry, causing the company to sell off the cabinet shop and scale back in 90's.
Components Inc. was part of Dowhower Industries from 1970 to the mid 90's. With Drafting Engineers to a full truss plant of employees running two shifts a day, the company was busy with every aspect of building a house.
Wayne Dowhower Construction
In January of 1996 the company purchased land on the corner of 6th & McCabe.